Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Long Stretch Home...

Yesterday was our FINAL "official" Body Back workout.

And how am I feeling, you ask. Well, a bit sad.

Our workout was intense and we did all the crazy exercises that I've complained about in my previous posts. Yes, we did the KILLER "T", the resistance run, the push ups, mountain climbers, squat jumps... we did it all. And as my thighs were shaking about to give out, I had a totally different mindset than when I had begun Body Back. I knew I could push through each exercise, I knew I would survive, and I knew that if I pushed myself hard enough, I would come out stronger. And at the end of the workout, I realized, I am a hell of a lot stronger!

I thought I would feel relieved that the program is coming to a close. No more early mornings, no more soreness on Tuesdays and Thursdays (and sometimes through the weekend.) No more weigh ins and no more meal plan.

But, to tell you the truth, I am a bit melancholy about finishing. I keep saying I don't know what I'm going to do on Mondays and Wednesdays between 5 and 6:30 (but we all know I'll just be sleeping!) and I'm really going to miss it. It was such a great way to start the day, I loved working out in the early crisp morning air, and I loved the girls in my group. I loved getting to take the time out for myself, and I loved not feeling guilty about it (as all of us mommy's do when we do something for ourselves) because everyone was still in bed sleeping. I loved the support and accountability that Body Back gave me, I loved knowing that if I didn't follow through on my commitments I'd not just be letting myself down, but the group down too. I just don't know if this is something I can do on my own... needless to say, I AM considering signing up for the program again!

Tomorrow we do our final assessments and we will find out just how much I've lost, and how much stronger I've become. Can't believe how quickly these past 8 weeks have gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment