Monday, January 24, 2011

Three down, Nine to go...

Monday, Monday. Today begins week 3 of my 8 week course, and today is FABULOUS!

Today, I realized something. In the beginning, I was so worried about the 5:30 am class being too early. I was worried about being too tired to wake up from getting up all night with Blake, being too tired to exercise, and then being exhausted the rest of the day because my workout wiped me out. Seriously, I was scared. But today I had an awakening.

On the days that I begin my morning with the Body Back workout (yes, at the crack of dawn, before the sun even gets up) I have more energy. I know what youre thinking... BULL SHIT. But really, its true. I feel like I have more energy for the rest of the day, I feel like I am in a better mood, and I feel like I am... well... a happier person. Even if I have had a rough night with Blake, I can still do this, I want to do this, and I need to do this... for me.

Theres something completely invigorating about being outside in the crisp morning air, that gives you this rush to wake you up. Theres something inspiring about working out beside other women that want the same things you do and are complete sweethearts. And theres something about Angela, our coach, that just makes you want to be there. Theres just something magnetic about her personality, and knowing she is waiting there to kick our butts and believing in us that makes me want to be there and make her proud.

Today we did a circuit training with 9 different exercises, and repeated it three times. What is it about push ups that rock your whole entire body and make you feel like you are going to collapse? Let me tell you by the third time through the circuit, I could barely catch my breath, my abs were burning and my arms were hurting. I'm pretty sure I looked like a sweaty wet panting dog- (no one noticing was one of the benefits to exercising when its still dark) but nothing could stop me from finishing! The workout music was bumping and I kept telling myself- youre almost done, youre almost done. I love the feeling of accomplishment at the final countdown, 5...4....3...2....1....! EXHALE- Yes, Monday workout is complete!

Monday is also weigh in day. And YAHOOOOOO- to my delight- I lost 3 pounds! Thats 4 down, 9 to go! It feels so good to see that all my hard work is paying off, and I am on track to get my body back! If I can keep this up, I will surely be bikini ready for summer this year. I want the kind of body that people say "You had a baby? WHEN???" Maybe if I work hard enough... I can- but lets not get too ahead of ourselves.

Current Weight: 149.0 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment